Planet Electronics - Customer FAQ's
Placing an Order
- Will you send me a confirmation e-mail after I've placed an order?
- How do I place an order?
- How does the payment process work?
- What is Virtual Card Services?
Returns and other conditions
- How does Order Cancellations, Returns and Refunds work?
- What is your Refunds Policy?
- Will you charge me extra if I'm unavailable when you are delivering my ordered goods?
- What is your policy on Products, Specifications & Packaging?
- What is your policy on Damaged Goods?
- What is your physical address?
- How do I receive a delivery?
Placing an Order
Will you send me a confirmation e-mail after I've placed an order?
Once you have placed your order, we will send you a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address you have provided.
- Please ensure you check the confirmation and inform us of any errors within 24 hours.
- If you have found there is an error please e-mail us with your name, order number, the error and the rectification required.
- Once the 24 hours has expired, all orders will be deemed correct. This does not effect your statutory rights.
How do I place an order?
Placing an order on Planetworld is easy. There is no need to create an account first. You create an account when you place your first order on our website.
Here are the steps you need to follow to place an order. If you have any problems when following these steps, please contact us.
- Find the items you want.
- Add an item to your Basket by clicking on Add to basket at the bottom right of a product page.
- Proceed to Checkout or view your basket contents by clicking on the green Basket and Checkout button on the left of the website. You can also click on Checkout in the main navigation bar at the top of our website.
- Click on either of the buttons at the bottom of the checkout page. New User Sign Up or Existing User Login (If you are an existing user, you can also login at the top of the website.)
- Enter your Contact Details
- Enter your Car Details
- Enter a delivery address, fitment centre address or place of installation address
- Provide Payment Information
- Tell us how you heard about us
- Select Payment Method
- Click on the Checkout button.
- Review and Submit Your Order
How does the payment process work?
Credit / Debit Cards
You can pay with Credit & Debit Cards. We accept Visa and MasterCard for orders.
- If you are paying for your order using a credit card you will be asked to enter your card details as part of the ordering process, and you will find further instructions when you process your first order.
- Your details will be kept safe and secure and will be covered by our security guarantee.
- Your order will be processed once we have received payment.
- All EFT payments are to be made into the following account – Absa, Acc No 4057079020, BC 632005. Please use your quotation reference when making payment.
- You will be notified once payment has cleared into our bank account.
- No stock will be delivered or fitment performed unless the full invoiced amount has cleared into our bank account.
- We only accept cash payment if made at our offices located at Block D, Newlands Office Park, 261 Lois ave, Newlands, Pretoria.
- No discounts are offered for cash payments.
What is Virtual Card Services?
Virtual Card Services was established in 1996 to offer a solution to the mail order market which found conventional methods of securing large volumes of credit card payment cumbersome and costly.
With more than 50 years' collective experience in developing and implementing credit, debit and smartcard processing systems for all of the major card issuers in South Africa, Virtual Card Services was quick to identify the niche presented in providing a solution which exactly meets these needs.
The 'Virtual Vendor' system which was developed out of this need interacts with a bank's existing legacy system's, while meeting the vendor's increasing demands for automated, electronic transaction systems. The business rapidly grew from this point by expanding the scope of services to all organizations requiring automated, high volume and Secure Credit Card Payment Processing. The company's client list today boasts a cross-section of businesses who have realized the benefits of automating their credit card transactions.
Returns and other conditions
How does Order Cancellations, Returns and Refunds work?
Cancellations of orders that have not yet been despatched on the following basis:
Once your items have been despatched we will deduct our transport costs incurred from your refund.
- Standard Items will be refunded in full.
- All dimensions are approximate and subject to changes without notice.
- The period of notice for cancellation is the same as the period of lead time we quote for delivery of that item. If an order has more than one item, the period of cancellation required is that of the item with the longest lead time.
- These lead times can be seen on each individual item on our web site. Planet Electronics reserves the right to cancel any order without warning for a full refund.
- Should items be returned for refund within 7 days of installation/delivery, a 15% handling fee and the cost of installation and de-installation of the product, as determined by Planet Electronics, will be deducted from your refund.
- Should items be returned for refund between 8 and 30 days of installation/delivery, a 35% handling fee and the cost of installation and de-installation of the product, as determined by Planet Electronics, will be deducted from your refund.
- No refunds will be performed on products returned 30 days after invoice.
What is your Refunds Policy?
Our refunds policy does not affect your statutory rights. Refunds may take up to 30 days to process.
Will you charge me extra if I'm unavailable when you are delivering my ordered goods?
After we or our carriers have made reasonable attempts to deliver your goods, we reserve the right to charge you any extra delivery costs incurred by us.
What is your policy on Products, Specifications & Packaging?
All measurements are approximate, and we reserve the right to alter specifications, packaging, & materials in-line with how our suppliers supply the goods to us. Due to the nature of imported goods, specifications and images may vary as well as possible discontinuations. Planet Electronics reserves the right to provide the most current design of the goods or reasonable alternative, to the consumer without breaching contract.
What is your policy on Damaged Goods?
- When goods are delivered, please check carefully on arrival that the goods are in good condition.
- If the goods are in good condition, please sign "received in good condition" accordingly. Our drivers are authorised to wait while you inspect the goods.
- If however, there are any signs of damage, please clearly mark the delivery note accordingly. If this is not done correctly, it can affect the claim with our carriers.
- If, unfortunately, your goods have been damaged in transit, note this on the delivery note.
- At this stage we reserve the right to offer a part refund for the damage, to repair the item, to replace the damaged item with a good one or to issue a refund for the item. Please see the "Delivery" section below for further information.
- To help us process any damage claim we require that you send us a digital photograph of the damage.
Planet Electronics is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
We collect information about you for two reasons:
- To process your order.
- To provide you with the best possible service.
We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing e-mail from us or from another trader in the future.
The type of information we will collect about you includes: Your name, address, phone number, e-mail address and credit/debit card details.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by e-mailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about privacy.
What is your physical address?
Unit 7, Gateway House
129 Rooiberg Str
N4 Gateway Business Park
c/o Hans Strijdom & Pretoria Str
Visit our Contact Details Page for more info.
How do I receive a delivery?
- The delivery driver will require a signature to say that the goods have been received in good condition.
- In the unlikely event that the goods are damaged, we request you write details on the delivery note.
- The driver will wait, if necessary, while you unwrap and inspect any packaged goods.
- Please note all deliveries must be signed for as either in "Good Condition" or "Damaged" – there is no option to sign for goods unchecked.